Friday, January 05, 2007

Mastering sounds good

The work that Ted sent us back from Sterling Sound is getting a good reception - pretty much everything sounds better, which is great. We really made sure that we left room for the Mastering Engineer to work on this project - i.e. we did not overly Squash or Limit the mixes in any way, (just a little light buss compression from my Liquid Mix SSL buss compressor) and so the results coming back are very pleasing to the ear. Of course there are a couple of small adjustments I would like to make, but generally I am very pleased too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...at last...got my fix! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I really hope the mastering does not follow the loudness race in practice by many recording companies! Erasure is too bright to fit in the loudness race.