Friday, December 15, 2006

Finally - I have a computer that runs!

It has been a depressing and non-musical experience sorting out this problem drive/software/whatever it was, and there has been a knock-on effect into the Mix Suite as well- everyone has felt my pain and we have all been slowed up a bit (partly because I have not been able to pay proper attention to Jeff's work) - I was so tied up with reinstalling my machine that I let one of Jeff's mixes go off on the "wrong" track (there are always some mixes that need more steering than others) and we had to reconstruct it, which all takes time. Coming along nicely though now.

However all that is behind us now, and Jeff and I both got stuck into new mixes today - we will be slightly behind schedule at the end of this week but we still have time to achieve our target.

I heard from Vince that he has not been receiving the mixes - that's why he's not made any comments! He thought maybe he had been sacked :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the pasta???!

Dirty Soap said...

Poor Vince!Well,at least you can feel a bit better about his opinion of the mixes now...after all,you haven't heard it yet!

The main thing I miss the times I have been upgrading things on the Mac is my music,even though that's what the iPod is for.

I think it is an awesome thing to feel such love for an art form.

I am sure it is hard work,your job but it sounds so enjoyable to do.Aside from the technocide you hard drive committed,that is.

Once again...have a great weekend.

Yash said...

You got to love Vince's particular sense of humour!