Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sie Medway-Smith finishes his session

Sie has been beavering away in the editing suite on the iMac G5 and a rented G5, simplifying the bass and drums on one song - in line with Daniel's vision. They have also added a bit of percussion and a new sound on the solo. They have been working with Arturia's Mini Moog. I had a listen to the results yesterday and it didn't freak me out - so it must be OK :-) Well done team. We will be rough mixing the results today, in preparation for a single mix early next year. Before Sie left I got him to sign the scrapbook:

7 comments:

Chalkenteros said...

I'm becoming VERY curious -- what's the overall sound of the album like?! Give us a hint Gareth.

Anonymous said...

theres a call id love to get, "could you pop into to the studio and trim up some vince bits? you know, daniel has got a notion about some things and we need you."

um, yah. im on my way. absolutely!

cant wait to hear it all.

The life and times of a clinical year PA-S said...

Gareth, these extra hands are starting to make me nervous! I hope nothing is getting in the way of any of the songs being electronically oriented...I listened to Sie's tracks up on his Myspace, and I'm wary as to what's happening...

Anonymous said...

Did someone site on that little synth keyboard in the background? It looks squashed! What is it? :)

Anonymous said...

Did someone site on that little synth keyboard in the background? It looks squashed! What is it? :)

Anonymous said...

Gareth, I have to agree with mister. please tell us that the extra work done is not like the "music" on Sie's myspace site !!!!!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Gareth, I have to agree with mister. please tell us that the extra work done is not like the "music" on Sie's myspace site !!!!!?!?!?!?