Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Monday - Mission accomplished

I started the day by writing a yesterday's Blog entry - I woke up very early, my mind racing. Too much paperwork on Sunday maybe? Then it was off to Fulham for my Alexander Lesson. Jeff was in Cardiff at the weekend for his birthday, and he arrived back after lunch, looking a bit the worse for wear, but holding it together (ie pretending he felt fine!) :-) We mixed 2 tracks today - and I was very pleased with both of them. Of course I will check them in the morning and probably make a couple of adjustments, but it was a very good Monday, and agreat start to the week.

I am having a weird problem with my system drive. Every so often the drive starts clanking and Logic freezes up. At first I thought it was a Logic Preference issue, but the problem re-occours even after creating new preferences. Disk Utility reports the SMART status as verified, and I rebuilt the Catalog with Disk Warrior. Now I am running the project Manager again to recreate that database. Perhaps the drive is going faulty? Anyway tomorow I will pick up another internal drive - perhaps I will have to reinstall - that will be a tedious interruption, just as we are getting on a creative mixing roll. I guess these things happen......

Daniel has lent us his rice cooker, and I bought a Saucepan and a small electric hob, so we make brown rice or pasta in the evening - we are also eating lots of garlic to stay healthy, but it does stink the place out sometimes. No real complaints yet.

Tomorrow Pilates and 2 more songs to be mixed.

2 comments:

Dirty Soap said...

Sounds great...all this progress I mean,not hard drive problems (those are less than great).

At this rate you all will be done with this Erasure album in no time!Maybe if I am lucky I will hear new Erasure tracks for my birthday (3/31).

I have yet to try Pilates but you sure make me miss my yoga class;).

As always,thanks for taking the time to blog for all of us.It is amazing to hear the progress from you,after having seen you discuss Depeche and Erasure...it is so cool to be able to leave a not for you on your blog as we wait with anticipation for the new album.

Anonymous said...

While it may seem weird tohear, it's comforting to hear that someone of your caliber is having issues with Logic and/or hard drives. Makes me feel like less of an idiot...;)

Thanks for posting. Haven't missed one since you started.

Cheers,
Aaron.