Saturday, December 02, 2006

I had a puncture on my way to the studio today - I called Cycle Surgery and Mario said to bring it straight in, and he would fix it. Great Store. On the way back to the studio I went to Fresh and Wild and picked up lunch for James & I. What a pity they have stopped doing the "lunch special".. That was a great deal! Might have to shop elsewhere for lunch now. Planet Organic perhaps?. I passed a Modernist Masterpiece on the way back to the studio:



Also some geese and a swan





I found a nice feature in Logic - when I "Export all tracks as audio", the track names come over (I don't think this used to be the case). This means I can bounce all tracks very quickly and then free up all my computer DSP for lovely mixing plugins. We have worked very hard all week and James and I both are recovering from (his!) cold, so we had a shorter day and stopped work at 19:00.

View from Studio:



Sunday is a day off.

5 comments:

Mark Beech said...

Nice to hear about the boys' latest project.

I've just been looking to put together a list of best albums of the last year for my Bloomberg News column and re-listening to ``Union Street'' to review its merits. A great reminder of how good it was -- ``Boy'' especially (which is actually what I said, reviewing it back in the spring). Which took me back to ``Other People's Songs'' and then just about all the other Erasure.

Then, same day, I see this blog - interesting coincidence.

Thanks for jogging the memories--Bests 2 Gareth et al. M

Mark Beech said...

Nice to hear more about the boys' latest project.

Sunday, I've just been looking to put together a list of best albums of the last year for my Bloomberg News column and re-listening to ``Union Street''. It was a reminder of how good it was -- `Boy'' especially (which is what I said when reviewing it back in the spring).

Which took me back to ``Other People's Songs'' and then all the other Erasure recordings.

And then - same day - I see this blog. Coincidence or what. Thanks 2 Gareth et al and bests!!

Javier said...

I want to see INSIDE the Studio!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm unsure as to whether you'll get this message properly, but many months ago I sent a Nursery Rhymes CD to Greg at erasureinfo hoping it might help in the preparations. Unfortunately, and despite three requests, I never heard another word. I was just wondering whether Vince actually ever received this compilation? I'm sorry to bother you in the midst of your diary, which is always interesting, but I'm afraid I'm left with no other avenue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth,

It seems you are very busy (even more than before last weekend) otherwise this blog would have more entries. So I hope you, Andy and Vince are doing fine and maybe soon we're able to read more about your activities.

All the best and have a nice time,
Michael