Friday, November 17, 2006

Quick Update

I am getting a bit tired - so much to do, so little time! Andy is singing so much and so well it is hard to keep up with him - in fact I am glad that he has to do a radio show rehearsal tomorrow so I have a chance to sort through the vocals (from London and Falmouth).

Vince is working on the tracks and is sending me updates, new riffs rhythms and sounds. I am also working on the tracks and it is getting hard to easily combine the work that we have done - there is no simple "Merge" function available to make a song that contains the new work of Vince and me. So tedious manual labour! Vince and I are scheduled for a telephone meeting tomorrow, so we can catch up.

Daniel is visiting the studio in the late afternoon so we can catch up

A firewire socket on my Fireface has broken - everything still works, but I need to get it fixed, and I can't work without it! Might have to buy a new one and then sell it when I get mine back from repair. Running costs I guess.

I can get the Duende, the Powercore and the Liquid Mix all working together, but as soon as I try to use the UAD-1, the Liquid Mix crashes. :-( Work in progress.

Having fun with Albino.

Must pump up beats on 2 or 3 tracks! Drum fills!

Backing Vocals still to do - I always really enjoy that with Andy.

4 comments:

The life and times of a clinical year PA-S said...

Wow Gareth...you're all putting your heart and soul into this, so much work...I can't wait to hear the finished product. I've been telling every person I know, realtime or cyber relationship-wise. This is promising to be one helluva monumental experience.

And those Andy Bell backings...ah yea, harmonies from heaven.

Anonymous said...

Everybody loves Andy's Backing vocals!
Just remember "Wild!", "I Say", and "Erasure"

mf said...

Layers and layers of vocal harmonies is one of the main reasons people are drawn to Erasure's music. (Not many artists can match Andy's imagination with conjuring up such beautifully creative harmonies)
It is the way the layers of vocal harmonies and layers of synth melodies that can be almost chaotic/ complex yet at the same time flow so gracefully/ simply as one, this is one of Erasure's greatest strengths.

Anonymous said...

When I think of E's harmonies, the first thing that pops into my head is "Take Me Back" from ISISIS.

Fantastic, beautiful, and perfect!!