Monday, November 27, 2006

Moved the Studio

It took 6 hours to move the Studio and set up again in Mute Studio 2, so it was a big chunk out of Sunday - I blew a fuse on my Benchmark DAC-1 (it was still set to 110 Volts - oops!) but Oli managed to find a replacemnt and I was so pleased to hear Erasure coming out of the speakers at Mute - sounded great!! And it was a great feeling to be prepared for next week.

I look forward very much to the next phase - hooking up with Daniel tomorrow, finishing vocals and Vince's updates this week, and mixing everything next week.

The sky was very striking - this shot looking out over the canal.

2 comments:

Communicator said...

Hey Gareth. So what role does the DAC play and where is it in your signal chain? I have started my own little studio and have a Focusrite Saffire interface that I record with and mix in the computer. Can I benefit from a DAC-1 with my current setup?

Communicator said...

Hey Gareth. I'm a little fuzzy - what role does the DAC-1 play in your setup and where is it in your signal chain? I have a mini studio at home and have a Focusrite Saffire that I record into and mix "in the box" with Reason and Live. Would I benefit from investing in a DAC-1?