Thursday, November 02, 2006

Good Morning. BackUp is very important

Everyone knows this and I just want to encourage everyone with valuable data to back it up! I have 2 onsite hard drive backups and an offsite hard drive backup. (Joe keeps it with him and brings it in every evening at the end of the vocal session.) Also I have a DVD backup of everything. I started my day by completing one of the DVD backups as I listened to the work from last night and started putting rough mixes together. We have also been filming on mini DV (tape 7 so far) - and Joe has been dong a lot of this, so I backup the tapes into iMovie (what a great program!). Today I loaded in tapes 5 & 6. And I played with Native Instruments Reaktor Travelizer. It was a rainy morning and so I didn't go out on the bike. Suddenly Vince arrived (at the usual time it has to be said) and I am siting at the computer unshaven and unshowered. Gross! So he takes over on the current track and I dive in the shower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back up is good. Sigh. I just spent 3000 recovering photos of my kids from the last year. Then my laptop hard drive crashed. Then my ipod hard drive crashed. All in the span of 2 weeks. Best not let me near the album.
What did you do for backup in the old days?

- J Chen

chunkybacon said...

"What did you do for backup in the old days? "

i burned to CD - regularly. like every month or so.

right now, i do exactly the same more or less as what Gareth does , except its for my photos - backup laptop photos to two workstations using rsync, and another backup to a USB hard drive. i then do a DVD backup about once a month.