Tuesday, November 28, 2006

First Proper day at Mute



After my Alexander Lesson I cycled up through Hyde Park and Notting Hill to the Mute building, where I met James, our assistant for the session.


We did a bit more plugging up (I wanted to get my small Genelec monitors working) and pretty soon Daniel arrived for our meeting.



Our plan is to listen to all of the tracks in some detail over the next couple of days, and we made a really good start. One of the songs Daniel felt was still very busy, so we threw around a few ideas and were able to enhance it quite nicely - I'm sure Andy and Vince will like it too. Other songs we simply discussed mix ideas and approaches or made minor "tweaks" . I also started showing James how I want to get all the soft synths recorded, which is something we are going to do on a track by track basis.

Polly Scattergood is in Studio 1 with Simon FT and Kevin - I heard a little of what they are doing and it sounded GREAT.

Daniel and I had a great Lunch and Dinner from Fresh and Wild

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great sharing the photos man.

great seeing Daniel Miller - boy is that an under-rated man in the history of pop music. that guy brought us so much wonderful music over the past 25 years - and yet , you'd pass him in the street. you wouldnt know who he is.

perfect dont you think - major influence, but none of the celeb rubbish that goes with it.

thanks for sharing the photo Gareth - great seeing a hero of mine again.

Anonymous said...

thanks again for sharing all the wonderful pics and info. really looking forward to the album and now its being mixed its getting closer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gareth, this diary is great thing, thank you!

Is there any chance that new album will be mixed and released in 5.1 like it was with Goldfrapp and Depeche Mode latest albums?

The life and times of a clinical year PA-S said...

Oh yes, please!!

Yash said...

Cannot express my gratitude enough to you, Gareth, for sharing all this experience.

Not only is it wonderful to know that Erasure is doing another album _with you_, but it's a pleasure to be able to follow the whole process daily.

And following you guys also motivated me to work on my music and try to finalise a new song.

Oh...now I know how to express my gratitude! :)

Yash